Here is your weekly digest of “High Five Friday,” a list of things that are adding value to my life or capturing my attention this week.
1. What Is Changing My Work Life -- For the last year or so, Maggie and I tried to work together in the same office and I'm just too distracted by basically everything. So, I took my desk on wheels over to another room with a white board, a headset and my laptop and I get. to. work! I have been loving the time and space I get to accomplish my own to-do's. Since Maggie and I both work from home most of the time, we had to create a system to indicate when we needed to not to be interrupted. So, we put our items out in front of our office doors... Maggie's is a Holga camera and mine is a "You Matter" hat that I hang on the door knob. When either of those are on display, we know not to disturb each other. We also communicate when we are planning to end our workdays and amazingly, we feel more present and accomplished in our days AND, we've gotten to cook TOGETHER a lot more which we are sooooo enjoying.
Speaking of which...
2. What I'm Eating -- We made the most deeeeelicious lentil chicken soup the other night... omg.
3. What I'm Listening To -- I love assessments and things that help me better understand myself and others. I was stoked to see Jonathan Fields created a no cost "sparketype" assessment where you can complete a 5 minute survey to bring greater clarity around who you are and how you best (and most happily) show up in the world. He also hosted a podcast on this topic, though I'd recommend completing the assessment before listening to the podcast or it may sway your answers. Here's the podcast link: The Good Life Project: What Should I Do With My Life?
4. What I'm Thinking About -- I've been dedicating time out of each day to write just for me. This is how I began writing... because my life was confusing and frustrating and I wrote to understand and process my emotions. A few years ago I stopped that routine and abandoned it for creating content for everyone to see and that stifled my own connection with myself because I felt I had to censor it. So get this, I've been just sitting down and writing just. for. me. Maybe someday it'll be something else or do somewhere but for now I am learning A LOT about myself when I give myself time and space to talk to myself through writing.
5. New Purchase I am Enjoying: Woodwick Frasier Fir candle. I love lighting a candle in my office during the work day and I love strong natural scents like campfires, marshmallows, cinnamon and fir trees. This is the candle currently making my office feel like home. These candles literally have a wood wick so they crackle like a fire as they burn, which makes me so happy!
Which high-five above most resonated with you? Do you find this valuable? Other suggestions or comments? Let me know! Just comment below.
P.S. - If you haven't already, check out and download this UNSTUCK Assessment that I made for our community. In less than 3 minutes, you'll measure yourself in the 10 pillars of purpose to help you find out what's (really) holding you back and what you can do about it!
Join our community. Get helpful tools, tips and life hacks. No spam ever. Just great valuable stuff.