Here is your weekly digest of “High Five Friday,” a list of things that are adding value to my life or capturing my attention this week.
1. What I'm learning: This week I've been honing in on my calendar. Each day I plan things out down to the 30 minute mark. I've found lately that I seem over ambitious about what I can get done and sometimes I find myself sneaking things in that aren't part of the agenda. It's been fun learning from the past day as I plan the next day for greater success. I really want to know what motivates people, what gets things done and what pulls us all from our emotions and distractions into greater purpose and productivity.
2. What I'm reading right now: I made a goal this year to read one book per month. This month I'm reading "Girl, Wash Your Face" by Rachel Hollis. I love her kick-in-the-butt advise and coaching. In her book, Rachel addresses the seemingly simple habits and ways of doing, being and believing that don't work for us and how to design a life you love. She's honest and funny and shares her own stories and struggles, too, which I appreciate. So far it's a great read!
3. What my top 5 goals this year are: I'm still embracing the new year. These are my top 5 goals for 2019:
- Launch a monthly Coaching membership community with new content each month.
- Create + run a fun and meaningful weekly podcast with my wife.
- Transition my business to 100% Coaching + Consulting.
- Grow my apparel company.
- Create weekly Coaching videos for my community.
4. What I'm reminding myself lately: ASK. I often forget to ask, however, the best things that have happened for me in life have come as a result of asking... asking to help, asking for a date, asking for someone's time, asking advice, asking for help. If ever I get frustrated and overwhelmed, I say to myself, "Who can help me with this?" Even if it's just someone to give me a pep talk. It still helps to know we're not alone in this. Not only that, but I've received more emails from people asking me and saying, "You don't know if you don't ask." in their emails recently than ever before. I'm going to adopt their collaborative approach.
5. What's working for me: Planning my day the night before. I was getting lazy about why preplanning works so well for me toward the end of 2018 and struggling to build momentum for my projects and work daily. When I take the extra time at the end of my workday to lay out my day ahead, I wake up energized and excited to get started. However, when I wait to plan my schedule for the day, I wake up overwhelmed. Yikes. That was a big wakeup call. These days I plan my schedule a day in advance so I can feel momentum and excitement for my day. What's working for you?
Which high-five above most resonated with you? Do you find this valuable? Other suggestions or comments? Let me know! Just comment below.
P.S. - Get your 2019 off to a good start with my FREE 7 Day Jumpstart Your Life challenge. I made this for you because I know that it will help you back your life and live a phenomenal 2019. Join now and you'll get one training video each day from me for the next 7 days to help you.
Join our community. Get helpful tools, tips and life hacks. No spam ever. Just great valuable stuff.